GATE Mock Test for CSE
Attempt the GATE CSE Free Mock Test curated by Mockers team experts. More than 500+ participants have already attempted the GATE Mock Test for CSE at Mockers. We offer the best high-quality GATE CSE Mock test that helps candidates crack the GATE Computer Science Engineering examination. All the 65 CSE questions are designed following the latest GATE CSE Pattern and syllabus.
Further on this page, you’ll find a detailed analysis of the GATE CSE Syllabus and pattern with some advantages, tips and key features.
GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Overview
The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exam is conducted to judge the candidate’s understanding of the core concept of Computer Science Engineering. GATE CSE is a national-level examination that leads to direct entry into various Postgraduate programmes and colleges. The below table shows the important information that every candidate must keep in mind before actually sitting for their GATE CSE final Examination.
|Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
|Exam Organising Body
|Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
|Once a year
|Mode of Exam
|Online Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science/Technology or equivalent
|10 core Computer Science subjects and General Aptitude (GA)
|Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, Algorithms, Theory of Computation, Compiler Design, Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networks
|65 questions (55 from CS/IT, 10 from GA)
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with 1 mark and 2 marks
|1 mark for the correct answer, 1/3 mark deducted for wrong answer in 1 mark MCQ, 2/3 mark deducted for wrong answer in 2 mark MCQ
|Usually in February
|Usually in September-October
GATE Mock Test for CSE without Login
The GATE Mock Test for CSE without Login can’t be accessed by GATE CSE aspirants at Mockers. Thus, it's compulsory for all the candidates out there to first log in and then explore and attempt the GATE Mock Test for Computer Science Engineering. Mockers primarily offer Mock tests and test series for every competitive exam in India and are committed to making education accessible and effective for everyone. However, if test-takes still try to attempt the GATE Mock Test for CSE without Login they will not be able to generate their named performance analysis report.
GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Syllabus
Under the GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Syllabus, there are a few fundamental concepts such as algorithms, data structures, programming languages, databases, computer networks and others. The GATE Computer Science Engineering Syllabus is designed in a way that covers all the meta and nuanced concepts about CSE as a whole. The tabular presentations below show. the subject-wise weightage of all the GATE topics so far.
|Engineering Mathematics (12%)
|* Calculus: Limits, continuity and differentiability, Maxima and minima, Mean value theorem, Integration Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, System of linear equations Probability and Statistics: Random variables, Probability distributions, Sampling, Hypothesis testing Numerical Methods: Solution of algebraic and differential equations, Numerical integration
|Digital Logic (12%)
|* Boolean algebra: GATEs, Combinational circuits, Sequential circuits Number systems and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating-point) Digital design techniques: Decoders, Multiplexers, Flip-flops, Counters Programmable logic devices: PLDs, FPGAs
|Computer Organization and Architecture (12%)
|* Processor organization: Instruction set architecture (ISA), Pipelining, Caches Memory organization: Main memory, Virtual memory Input/Output (I/O) organization: I/O devices, I/O techniques Parallel processing: Multiprocessors, Clusters
|Programming and Data Structures (12%)
|* Programming in C: Arrays, Pointers, Functions, Recursion Data structures: Stacks, Queues, Linked lists, Trees, Graphs Searching and sorting algorithms: Linear search, Binary search, Selection sort, Bubble sort, Merge sort, Quick sort Hashing techniques
|* Design paradigms: Greedy algorithms, Dynamic programming, Backtracking, Branch and bound Graph algorithms: Traversal, Shortest path, Minimum spanning tree Sorting algorithms: Heapsort, Quicksort, Mergesort String processing algorithms: KMP algorithm, Boyer-Moore algorithm NP-completeness: P vs. NP problems
GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Pattern
The GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Pattern unfolds all the information about the actual GATE Exam question papers, formatting of questions, typologies of questions etc. A wide of question types in 3-hour durations has Multiple-choice questions (MCQ), Multiple select questions (MSQ), and Numerical answer type questions (NAT). GATE CSE aspirants must understand the complete GATE CSE Exam pattern before their final GATE Examination. The below table best way to clear your understanding of the GATE CSE Exam Pattern.
|No. of Questions
|Section A: General Aptitude
|Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Sentence Correction
|Data Interpretation, Arithmetic Ability, Logical Reasoning
|Section B: Technical Subjects
|MCQs, MSQs, NATs
|Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
|Combinational Circuits, Sequential Circuits, Digital Design
|Computer Organization and Architecture
|Processor Architecture, Memory Organization, I/O Organization
|Programming and Data Structures
|C Programming, Data Structures (Arrays, Stacks, Queues, Linked Lists, Trees, Graphs)
|Design Techniques, Analysis of Algorithms, Graph Algorithms
|Theory of Computation
|Automata Theory, Formal Languages
|Lexical Analysis, Syntax Analysis, Semantic Analysis
|Processes and Threads, Memory Management, Concurrency Control
|Database Design, Query Optimization, Transaction Management
|Network Architecture, Data Link Layer, Network Layer, Transport Layer, Application Layer
GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Analysis
Below is a detailed GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam Analysis. It primarily aims to offer candidates valuable GATE Exam insight and identify the difficulty level (Moderate, Easy and difficult) and subject-wise weightage in the GATE CSE Examination. It becomes more necessary for GATE CSE aspirants to take a look at this analysis and prepare themselves mentally for the final GATE Examination.
|Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods
|Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Set Theory, Logic
|Moderate to Difficult
|Data Structures, Design Techniques, Complexity Analysis, Greedy Algorithms, Dynamic Programming
|Data Structures and Programming
|Moderate to Difficult
|Arrays, Linked Lists, Stacks, Queues, Trees, Graphs, Hashing, Searching, Sorting, C/C++ Programming
|Theory of Computation
|Finite Automata, Regular Expressions, Context-Free Grammars, Pushdown Automata, Turing Machines
|Lexical Analysis, Syntax Analysis, Semantic Analysis, Intermediate Code Generation, Code Optimization
|Process Management, Memory Management, File Systems, Scheduling, Concurrency, Deadlocks
|Network Layers, OSI Model, TCP/IP Protocols, Routing, Switching, Network Security
|Computer Organization and Architecture
|Processor Architecture, Memory Organization, Input/Output, Pipelining, Caches
|Relational Databases, SQL, Database Design, Normalization, Indexing
Instructions for GATE CSE Free Mock Test
Below is a list of some general instructions to be read carefully before taking the GATE Mock Test for CSE on Mockers. Read them all carefully before starting the mock test.
- GATE CSE Free Mock Test comprises 2 sections, General Aptitude and Computer Science MCQ Questions.
- GATE Mock Test for CSE comprises multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and numerical-type questions.
- GATE Mock Test for CSE consists of 1 and 2 mark(s) questions. 1/3rd mark(s) will be deducted for every wrong answer for MCQ-type questions only—no negative mark for numerical-type questions.
- No mark will be deducted for an un-attempted question.
- In the General Aptitude section question number 1 to 5 are 1 mark questions and questions 6 to 10 are 2 marks. In the core CSE section, questions 1 to 25 are 1 mark and questions 26 to 55 are two mark questions.
- Multiple-choice questions will have only 1 correct option.
- You can change your answer by clicking on some other option.
- Do not click the button "Submit Test" before completing the test. A test once submitted cannot be resumed.
How to Access GATE Mock Test for CSE on Mockers
GATE Computer Science Aspirants are compulsory to follow the below steps to get access, attempt and explore the GATE Computer Science Engineering Mock Tests on Mockers.
- First Click on Mockers.in and proceed further.
- Click on “Navigation Icon” and move to next.
- Click on “Examination Category” and proceed further.
- Click on ‘GATE’ and ‘Computer Science’ options within the given sections only.
- Reach out to the ‘Computer Science Mock Test’ and proceed further.
- Below is a collection of all the ‘GATE Mock Test for CSEs’ available on Mockers free of cost.
- Smartphone users can begin their GATE CSE 2024 Mock test based on the latest pattern.
However, after following these few steps, candidates can easily access the GATE Mock Test for CSE on Mockers.
Why Attempt the GATE CSE Free Mock Test on Mockers?
Mockers online Platform provides high-quality GATE Mock Tests for CSEs to their users. Thus, there are a few more reasons to attempt the CSE Mock test mentioned below:
- You Can Review Answers Before Submitting the Test: We provide a facility to GATE CSE candidates so that they can take a quick scan of answers they marked correct before finally submitting the CSE GATE Mock test.
- Mockers Is a Trusted Platform: Mockers is the most trusted educational platform for GATE CSE Examination. It has 8 Lakh+ Monthly Visitors, 1025 Lakh+ Questions Attempted, 10 Lakh+ Mock Tests attempted and 10000+ Mock Tests available. Aspirants can rely on it for their ultimate exam preparation.
- Section-Wise Questions: Mockers have section-wise questions for all the GATE CSE Subjects. Hence, GATE CSE aspirants can prepare better in a particular subject and become experts.
- Step-Wise Solutions: Step-wise solution is one of the best features of the GATE CSE Free Mock Test. GATE CSE aspirants can learn, revise and understand various conceptions.
- You Can Re-Attempt: Candidates can re-attempt the GATE Mock Test for CSE multiple times if they want. You get to practice similar questions once more this way. However the performance report and rank will remain unchanged.
Books and Authors for the GATE Computer Science Engineering Exam
The Following books and authors play a significant role in the overall preparation of GATE Computer Science aspirants. The Recommended books and authors help the candidates grasp in-depth knowledge about each particular subject and topic of GATE CSE. The below table shows all the author's names, descriptions and titles of the books written by them for the GATE CSE Examination.
|Kenneth H. Rosen
|Covers essential concepts for the Engineering Mathematics section.
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics
|More advanced topics for well-prepared students.
|GATE Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
|ACE Engineering Academy
|Practice for the Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning section.
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
|Another option for practising reasoning skills.
|Introduction to Algorithms
|Thomas H. Cormen et al.
|Classic and comprehensive guide to algorithms.
|Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++
|Mark Allen Weiss
|C++-focused approach to data structures and algorithms.
|Operating System Concepts
|Galvin, Gagne, and Silberschatz
|Widely used textbooks for understanding operating systems.
|Operating Systems: Three Easy Pieces
|Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau and Andrea C. Arpaci-Dusseau
|More concise and accessible alternative to Operating System Concepts.
|Computer Organization and Design
|David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessy
|In-depth look at computer organization and architecture.
|Computer System Architecture
|Morris Mano and Michael Ciletti
|Another popular textbook for computer architecture.
|An Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata
|Introduction to Theory of Computation concepts.
|Elements of Automata Theory
|Lazarus H. Papert
|More advanced treatment of automata theory.
|Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools
|Aho, Sethi, and Ullman
|Comprehensive guide to compiler design.
|Engineering a Compiler
|Keith Cooper and Linda Torczon
|Practical approach to compiler construction.
|Logic and Computer Design Fundamentals
|Foundation for digital logic and computer design.
|Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective
|Brent R. Galvin, James M. Thornton, and Andrew B. Watson
|Programmer-friendly introduction to computer systems.
|Database System Concepts
|Henry F. Korth, Abraham Silberschatz, and S. Sudarshan
|Standard textbook for database management systems.
|Fundamentals of Database Systems
|Ramez Elmasri and Shamkant B. Navathe
|Another popular choice for learning about databases.
|Andrew S. Tanenbaum
|Classic and widely used textbook for computer networks.
|Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach
|James F. Kurose and Keith W. Ross
|Alternative approach to computer networks with a focus on protocols.
|Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach
|Roger S. Pressman
|Practical guide to software engineering principles and practices.
|Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
|Robert C. Martin
|Tips and best practices for writing clean and maintainable code.
|Practice and Mock Tests
|GATE Practice Sets
|Collection of practice problems for various GATE subjects.
|Made Easy GATE CSE
|Mock tests and solutions for GATE CSE preparation.
Advantages of GATE Mock Test for CSE
The GATE Mock Test for CSE with Answers turns out to be the most beneficiary option for many GATE Aspirants across the nation. Some examples of these advantages are mentioned in the list below.
- Develop Problem-Solving Skills: After practising multiple sets of GATE Computer Science Free Mock Tests, candidates get to develop problem-solving and decision-making skills to attempt more questions.
- Keep Track of Overall Performance: After receiving their performance analysis report generated by team Mockers. Candidates can work on their weaknesses and improve their strengths as well.
- Time Management: We provide a 3-hour duration to finish the GATE Mock Test for CSE to all the GATE CSE aspirants. You can improve your speed, attempt more questions and submit the final GATE Examination timely.
- Helps to Adopt the Exam Pattern: The GATE Mock Test for CSE follows the latest exam pattern and updated syllabus. Thus, GATE CSE Candidates become familiar with the typology of questions asked by examination authorities.
- Flexible Convenient Option: Solving the GATE Mock Test for CSE with Answers from anywhere or from any device is the most flexible and convenient option for candidates. The user interface of Mockers is also easy to understand and use.
Key Features of GATE Mock Test for CSE
The collection of GATE Mock Test for CSE on Mockers has some special characteristics. Some of them are mentioned below.
- GATE CSE Free Mock Test in Bilingual Language: GATE CSE aspirants opting for the GATE final examination either in Hindi or English languages can practice the GATE Mock Test for CSE for free.
- Best Way to Analyse Performance: At Mockers, after finishing the whole GATE Computer Science Free Mock Test, candidates get a detailed analysed report of their overall performance. This way you can keep a record of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Multiple Device Access: GATE CSE aspirants can practice the GATE Computer Science Free Mock Test by logging in to mockers from multiple devices. This way candidates get to boost their availability from different devices.
- Wide Range of Questions: Under the GATE Mock Test for CSE with Answers, candidates get a wide variety of questions such as Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) and Multiple Select Questions(MSQ) and numerical Aptitude Questions (NAT) in one.
- Based on the Latest Pattern: Each GATE CSE Free Mock Test at Mockers is created based on the latest pattern and updated GATE Exam syllabus.
Tips to Solve the GATE Mock Test for CSE on Mockers
Solving the GATE Mock Test for CSE is itself a very challenging task for candidates on their first attempt. Hence, Mockers team experts have recommended a few tips to practice the CSE mock test on Mockers.
- Make a Quick Revision of All Concepts: Confusion of concepts can lead to mistakes and misunderstanding. Thus, candidates should quickly recap and revise all the concepts from the GATE CSE Syllabus.
- Set a Timer While Solving CSE Tests: Candidates are advised to set a timer while solving GATE CSE Mock tests with the same exam duration. This way, candidates can submit the Mock test on time and build their speed.
- Follow Consistency: Candidates must be regular with solving the GATE Mock Test for CSE. They must follow consistency and dedication for the GATE CSE Final Examination.
- Stay Focused and Positive: During the duration of the GATE Examination, candidates suffer from anxiety, panic and fear of CSE Exams. Thus, they should stay focused, and positive and surround themselves with confident people.
- Practice Previous Year Questions (PYQs) on Mockers: The GATE CSE is also recommended to practice the GATE Previous Year Question Papers for Computer Science on the Mockers online platform. This way candidates can ace the GATE Examination.