MTS Previous Year Question Paper
Prepare with MTS Previous Year Question Paper for the upcoming SSC MTS Exam. The past years’ exam papers contain actual questions asked in the SSC MTS exam that help you assess your preparation, practice easy to difficult questions and get insights into the SSC MTS Exam. Keeping in mind the usefulness of the SSC MTS old question papers, we provide the SSC MTS previous papers in a year-wise and shift-wise manner.
Links to access the MTS Previous Year Question Paper online for free are available here at Mockers.in.
SSC MTS Exam Overview
The SSC MTS and Havaldar (CBIC & CBN) examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission once a year in a CBT exam mode to recruit personnel for the Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various departments and offices of the Govt of India. In 2023, there was a total of 1558 vacancies.
The minimum educational qualification for the SSC MTS exam is Matriculation (10th), age limit of 18 to 25 and 18 to 27. The below table has a detailed overview of SSC MTS Exam overview.
|SSC MTS Exam Overview|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|SSC MTS Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff|
|Exam Name||SSC MTS Exam|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Educational Qualification||10th Pass|
|Age Limit||18 to 25 and 18 to 27|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Languages||15 (English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri (also Meitei or Meithei), Marathi, Odia (Oriya), Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu)|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & 10th pass|
|Salary||Rs. 18,000/ to 22,000/ per month|
SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers Online in Hindi & English
The MTS Previous Year Question Papers Online in Hindi and English help solve more questions quickly and accurately. Instead of SSC MTS Previous Year Papers PDF, our team has structured all the questions in online MCQ format. Due to this, the questions are accessible in both - Hindi and English.
The online presence of SSC MTS Past years’ question papers makes it convenient for you to practice anytime you want regardless of where you are. All you need is a working Smartphone or Laptop/PC connected to the Internet. Also, when you attempt the SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers Online in Hindi or English, you receive a performance analysis report.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
As per the SSC MTS Exam pattern, the duration of the test is 90 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes. There is a total of 90 questions for 270 marks. General awareness, Numerical and Mathematical Ability, Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving are included. Refer table below for an in-depth SSC MTS Exam Pattern.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern: Paper-I
|No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Numerical and Mathematical Ability
|Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving||20||60|
|General Awareness||25||75||45 minutes|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||75|
SSC MTS Exam Paper Analysis
The majority of candidates solve the previous year question papers of MTS to understand how questions are framed and how the marks are distributed throughout each section. Hence, for the convenience of appearing candidates, our experts have prepared the SSC MTS Exam Paper Analysis.
With the help of this analysis, you can make an effective exam preparation strategy for the upcoming SSC MTS and Havaldar exams.
SSC MTS Tier-1 Reasoning Analysis
A total of 25 questions were asked in the SSC MTS Tier-1 Reasoning section however, the level of reasoning questions was easy as per our expert’s analysis. Among so many topics, the questions from Number Series were asked between 2-4. Among 8-9 topics of MTS Reasoning questions, the questions’ difficulty level of Sitting arrangement, Odd one out, and Analogy was moderate in the MTS previous year question papers.
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|Odd one out||2||Easy-Moderate|
SSC MTS Paper-1 Numerical Aptitude Analysis
The question paper of SSC MTS Paper-1 Numerical Aptitude was moderate last year. A total of 25 questions were asked on topics such as Profit/Loss, Mensuration, Simplification, Algebra, Time and Work, Speed and Distance, etc. A detailed table of the SSC MTS Paper-1 Numerical Aptitude Analysis is given below.
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|S.I, CI, Profit/Loss||2||Easy-Moderate|
|Time and Work||2||Moderate|
|Speed and Distance||2-3||Easy-Moderate|
|Average & Percentage||4-5||Moderate|
|DI (bar graph)||5||Easy-Moderate|
SSC MTS Paper-1 English Language Analysis
In SSC MTS Paper 1, the English Language has 25 questions and those questions are asked about Sentence Improvement, Fillers, Error Detection, Idioms/Phrases, etc. Last year the level of English language exam was easy overall in the SSC MTS Paper 1.
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|Fillers (Single Filler)||2||Easy|
|One word substitution||2||Easy|
SSC MTS Paper-1 Exam Analysis- General Awareness
Often the SSC MTS Paper 1 General Awareness section in the SSC MTS exam is easy to moderate, and the higher weightage is given to the static GK. Along with the Static SK the Science, Award & Honors, Current Affairs, Sports, History, Culture, etc… are the major areas to focus on for the SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam.
Year-Wise SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers With Answers
Find SSC MTS Question Papers from 2011 to 2022 with answers here at Mockers. The sole purpose of year-wise SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers is to help you be aware of question trends, difficulty level, and changes in syllabus & exam pattern. The experts advise aspirants to solve year-wise SSC MTS PYP during the exam preparation to better understand how questions are framed in the Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff Exam.
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2022
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2021
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2019
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2017
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2016
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2014
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2013
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2011
You can either scroll this page to the top or find the links below for year-wise SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers with Answers.
SSC MTS 2022 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
In 2022, the SSC MTS exam was conducted in July on various dates. The SSC MTS exam was held on July 5,6,7,8,11,12,13,14,15,18,19,20,21,22,25, and 26. The SSC MTS Tier 1 was conducted in different shifts and their papers were also different. Therefore, to help you be thorough with the 2022 SSC MTS question papers here, we provide the questions with answers in an online format. You get an opportunity to attempt all those questions here in CBT Mode.
SSC MTS 2021 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
The SSC MTS 2021 exam was conducted in October-November on various exam dates. The shift-wise question papers for the 2021 SSC MTS exam are present here which can be practised online using the links provided. In SSC MTS 2021 Previous Year question papers, 100 questions were asked for 100 marks. To solve those questions, refer to the links.
SSC MTS 2019 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
In August 2019, the SSC MTS exam was conducted in several shifts. The question papers for all those shifts are available here for free to practice. To solve the SSC MTS 2019 Previous Year Question Papers you’ll have to sit for 90 minutes as it is the time duration of the question papers. Apart from this, if you face difficulty or find some mistakes, you can use the solutions to learn them.
SSC MTS 2017 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
In 2017, the SSC MTS question paper had 100 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. All the questions asked were compulsory to answer, so if you want to assess your preparation for the upcoming SSC MTS exam then consider solving the SSC MTS 2017 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers at Mockers for free.
SSC MTS 2016 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
To understand the depth of preparation for the SSC MTS exam solving the SSC MTS 2016 question papers is advised here. When you solve the 2016 question papers, you know how difficult or easy questions were asked in the 2016 SSC MTS exam and how the paper has changed in recent years. However, at that time, the exam duration was similar to what it today is. A total of 90 minutes for 100 questions were given in SSC MTS 2016 Previous Year Question Papers.
SSC MTS 2014 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
MTS Tier 1 was conducted on 16 February 2014 and the questions were based on the SSC MTS Syllabus. Each question had options to answer. There are a total of 150 Questions for 150 marks to be answered in 120 minutes or 2 hours. In order to check your preparation and speed to solve the SSC MTS questions, you should definitely solve the 2014 SSC MTS question papers - links are available here.
SSC MTS 2013 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
The 2013 SSC MTS Question papers contain 150 questions to answer in 2 hours. The questions’ difficulty level was very different from what it is today. However, by solving the SSC MTS 2013 question papers you can assess your current preparation level effectively.
SSC MTS 2011 Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
To practice the February 2011 SSC MTS Question Papers use the links available here or explore the Mockers.in. The 2011 SSC MTS question papers had 150 questions 50 from General Study, 25 from Aptitude, 25 from Reasoning, and 50 from English.
Shift-Wise SSC MTS PYP
The Tier 1 SSC MTS exam was conducted in various shifts. Each shift had a distinct set of questions from the SSC MTS Syllabus. Since practice is essential, those who solve more questions become better at answering questions. Therefore, we also provide more than one set of MTS old question papers in a shift-wise manner.
Shift-Wise SSC MTS PYP enables you to figure out how the difficulty level fluctuates on the same day in different shifts or if there is no pattern.
Why You Need SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper?
To gain the proper knowledge about the SSC MTS question papers, solving the old questions is essential but not limited to this. In this section, we are covering the 5 reasons why you need SSC MTS previous year question papers:
- Learn About the Variations of Questions: In the SSC MTS exam, the questions vary in terms of difficulty level and format. Therefore, it is essential to learn about variations of questions to do better exam preparation. The SSC MTS Previous Year Papers help in doing so and they enable you to become aware of all kinds of questions that can be asked in the upcoming SSC MTS exam.
- Practice Numerous Questions: Solving the old question papers is a great method to practice numerous questions that were asked in the actual exam. To boost your preparation, refer to the SSC Past years’ question papers and practice questions as many as you can.
- Feel Confident: To feel confident for SSC MTS exam, you have to solve the actual question papers and score good marks. The better marks you score, the better you feel about your ability to solve the SSC MTS questions.
- Develop Time Management Skills: You need SSC MTS previous year papers to develop time management skills. The better you solve the questions within a restricted time frame, the better you become at handling or managing the time.
- Deal with Exam Fear and Stress: The competitive nature of SSC MTS exam may make you feel nervous and stressed; however, solving the old question papers of SSC MTS enables you to deal with exam fear and stress.
What are the Ideal Times to Solve the SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper?
You can solve SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper any day, anytime you want, but these are the ideal times:
- Before Starting the Preparation: In order to understand the MTS question types, difficulty level and the syllabus solve the SSC MTS previous year papers before starting the exam preparation. It enables you to have a prior understanding of the exam and the questions.
- After Completing the SSC MTS Syllabus: Once you have gained command of the concepts mentioned in the SSC MTS Syllabus, you’re ready to solve the MTS Previous year papers. Answering SSC MTS old questions after the syllabus completion helps you assess your knowledge and the exam preparation you have.
- 2 Weeks Before the SSC MTS Exam: Solve SSC MTS Previous Year Papers at least 2 weeks before the MTS exam. Although the earlier is better, recalling the preparation and understanding at least 2 weeks before the exam is essential.
How to Get MTS Previous Year Question Paper for Free?
The process to get the SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper for free is very simple following the below steps:
- Open a browser on your device and Type - Mockers.in
- Once the website opens, click ‘Exam Categories’
- Navigate to the SSC and click SSC MTS
- After the new page loads, click ‘PYQs’
- Choose a year to access the SSC MTS Previous Year Paper for free.
Benefits of Solving SSC MTS Previous Papers
There are a few simple yet very effective benefits of solving SSC MTS Previous Papers. This section covers those benefits for your convenience to understand why to solve the SSC MTS PYP.
- Understanding of Questions’ Trends: Over the years the framework of SSC MTS Questions has changed a little whether it is about the number of questions asked or the time given for each question to answer. These slight changes impact the SSC MTS competitive environment completely. Therefore, it is essential to understand the questions’s trends that are possible by solving the SSC MTS Previous Papers.
- Legacy of SSC MTS Syllabus: When preparing for the exam, it is vital to understand whether the SSC has made any changes in the SSC MTS Syllabus or maintaining its legacy. One of the best ways to know this is by going through the old question papers of SSC MTS.
- Manage to Utilise 100% Time: When we analysed the SSC MTS previous year question papers from 2011 to 2022, we found that the exam duration has changed a lot from 120 minutes in 2011 to 90 minutes in 2022. Hence, to learn to manage the 100% time duration for the upcoming exam, the best resource is to solve the MTS previous year papers.
- Practice Numerous Questions: The Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff Exam old questions enable you to practice numerous questions that differ in pattern, difficulty level and type.
- Self-Assessment: The best way to learn about your SSC MTS exam preparation is through self-assessment. By solving SSC MTS Previous Papers at Mockers, you get a performance report that contains marks, scores and the time you have taken to answer every individual question.
How SSC MTS Question Papers are Prepared?
Staff Selection Commission expert panel and vendors work closely to set the SSC MTS question papers. Based on the SSC MTS difficulty level and the requirements the questions are set by the experts. To prepare the SSC MTS question papers, the Syllabus, exam pattern and guidelines are referred to by the experts keeping in mind the difficulty level.
What Solving the MTS Previous Year Question Papers Help You Learn?
There are certain things you learn by solving the MTS Previous Year Question Papers:
- Techniques to Answer MCQ Questions Quickly: Since all the MTS previous year question papers are in MCQ format here at Mockers, it helps you solve various questions which eventually helps you learn techniques to answer MCQ questions quickly such as the elimination method.
- Precise Reading: Reading the question precisely or properly helps you read between the lines. It enables you to understand the requirements of the question and answer accordingly. Learning this skill is not tough but requires time, patience and consistency. This skill can be easily learned through the regular practice of SSC MTS previous year questions.
- Critical Thinking: The skill to question, analyse, interpret, evaluate and make a judgement is known as critical thinking. When you practice various questions from MTS Previous year, you develop this skill gradually.
- Time Management Skill: Learning time management skills is crucial for competitive exams because even a 30-second delay in answering a question may make you lose a job post you could get. However, when you regularly solve the SSC MTS Old Questions, you get an opportunity to solve a variety of SSC MTS questions enabling you to master the time management skill.